; une tasse: a beauty and casual fashion blog: Crest Whitestrips

Crest Whitestrips

Last week I saw a photo of myself with my teeth looking not so white (damn you tea!) so over the past few days I've been using Crest Whitestrips religiously. You can't get them on the high street but you can buy them online. Amazon sells them from around £20? I bought mine on eBay and paid £17 including delivery.

I did a lot of online research into teeth whitening and the one that was recommended the most was this product. I doubt that those whitening pens work, and I was wary of the bleaching kits and molds you can get as they are too strong and can do more damage than good.

I had read that these strips can cause sensitivity which is why I chose to go for Renewal. It has a lower hydrogen peroxide content of 9.5% as opposed to 14% which is the strength of the Supreme version. Therefore it takes longer for results to show as whitening is gradual, but I'm not too bothered about this.



This is my box, and as you can see it says it's 10 day treatment but I have probably used it once a month until that horrible photo surfaced. It depends on how quickly you want to whiten your teeth.




It contains 40 strips - 20 for your upper teeth and 20 for your lower which are individually wrapped. The strips themselves are a rectangle strip of plastic film which is coated in the gel formula. It's pretty simple to use - peel off the backing, apply to your teeth, lining it up against the gum line, fold the rest under and wait 30mins! You can use the upper and lower strip at the same time but it's easier to do it one at a time because otherwise you get a really frothy mouth from all that excess saliva.

I find it harder to use it on my lower teeth because they are crowded and so it doesn't cover them properly. My damn NHS dentist wouldn't give me braces because he said they were wonky but not wonky enough! :\

It says to use twice a day for 30 minutes but I've been doing it once a day because I don't want my teeth to become sensitive. My teeth do feel tingly when I've got them on, but it's bearable and it goes away after a while. It's been 4 days since I started and my teeth are noticeably whiter.

It promises to "remove 20 years of stains off your smile." So I should expect my teeth to look how they were when I was 3 years old at the end of this! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate every single one. If you would like a quicker reply to a question, then email me unetasse@hotmail.com :) xx