; une tasse: a beauty and casual fashion blog: Latest Haul and a competition win

Latest Haul and a competition win

Out of sheer boredom, I made a trip to my local high street just to get out the house. These trips aren't really recommended because you end up buying things on a whim rather than necessity.



I picked up this snazzy Cath Kidson-esque makeup bag from Primark for £1.50 and a few makeup items from Boots and Superdrug.



I got a gel eyeliner from Sleek in Dominatrix (that's black to you and I)and it's been really good so far. It has good consistency and is quite pigmented. It comes with this teeny brush which is absolutely useless as it's hard and gouges the product. It's waterproof which is an added bonus, and it fared well during my weepy viewing of The Time Traveller's Wife yesterday. Here's a little swatch.


See how dark it is? Great stuff! I only have one other Sleek product which is their liquid liner but I really love this brand. I can't wait to get my hands on one of their eyeshadow palettes!



This isn't a High street buy but it arrived in the post the other day. It's "Chinatown" by Nails Inc which is a hot pink with purple pearlised swish. I freaking love it! I'm used to one dimensional matte finishes but this is a whole new level of colour for me. Depending on the light, it changes from a hot pink to a shimmery pink/purple, and has a wonderful gloss finish.



I'm sorry for the photo but I struggled for 15mins with my SLR trying to take a close up (ignore my pinky finger, it's Barry M raspberry). The polish goes on well and even though I hastily applied it for this photo with no base or top coat, it's survived 2 days with no chips so far. This was a freebie from the News of the World offer and costs £10.50 originally, but I would definitely get this again.



This was on offer in Boots for £2.93 and I've been looking for a waterproof MU remover so decided to give this a go. It's oil based and needs to be shaken to mix up the oil and water. It works but it stings my eyes slightly, and it doesn't leave the skin around my eyes feeling soothed as it claims to? Oh well.




Been looking for this for ages! Exaggerate eye definer from Rimmel that has a built in sharpener and smudger. All for the lowly price of £3.91.



It does the job but I would advise against using the smudger. It's made from a rubbery plastic and drags the skin a little.



I had a £5 off voucher on Ruby & Millie and No7 so I bought this blusher from No7 in "Coral Flush".



It looks more like a dusky pink than coral, and although it has a faint golden shimmer to it, it doesn't really show up. The blusher itself is really chalky and there was a lot of fall out when I loaded up my brush. It didn't last long either :( Nevertheless it's a pretty colour and I only paid £3.74. I wouldn't buy this for the full price of £8.74, no way.



And lastly, I won these E45 goodies in a competition that was run by Now magazine. They are from their Endless Moisture range and I was sent one of each product from both their scent free AND lightly fragranced range. These will come in handy for the upcoming winter :)

3 comments:

  1. That's some lovely hauling right there! I got Chinatown too (well, my Mum got it.. but now I've seen it, I'm stealing it.)

    I don't rate no7 at all, every powder I've tried seems chalky... nice colour though!

    I've heard nothing but great things about that eye makeup remover... I don't get too bothered by sensitivity around the eyes - so hopefully it'll be good for me, looking forward to picking it up (I keep forgetting!).

    Lastly... the Sleek gel liners are great for the price aren't they? I binned my black one this week actually.. I must have not tightened the lid properly, it was dry as anything. Still, I've had it for about 7 months and it was nearly empty, so it didn't do too bad. Another one I love it Purple Rain - a lovely shimmery aubergine/purple colour.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo I didn't get a chance to check out the other colours of their gel eyeliners but I'm liking the sound of that purple xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics! thats my fave eye makeup remover too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate every single one. If you would like a quicker reply to a question, then email me unetasse@hotmail.com :) xx