; une tasse: a beauty and casual fashion blog: Trends 2009 i. Shoulders

Trends 2009 i. Shoulders

I wanted to post my scans from Style magazine but there are far too many images and I didn't want to scale them down into teeny tiny pictures so I'm going to split them up and post them over the upcoming week. I apologise in advance for the quality. Today we are starting with...

SHOULDERS



"The new focus on a well-defined shoulder represents the season's biggest shift in silhouette. Structured pieces, such as coats and jackets, come with sharp shoulder pads: exagerarated puffs and pagodas emphasise the looks on dresses and blouses"

JACKETS AND COATS




HOW TO WEAR IT
  • Shoulder pads add width, so to avoid looking squat. The shorter you are, the smaller your shoulder pads should be. If you have a short neck, this look won't do you any favours.

  • Define your waist, otherwise you'll end up looking wide.

  • Boxy is not good. A jacket that has strong shoulders should also have a skinny arm - see Balmain above.
DRESSES





HOW TO GET THE LOOK


1 Tube dress, £16 from Dorothy Perkins. 2 Glitter tux jacket, £99, from Marks and Spencers. 3 Evening dress, £70 from Oasis. 4 Draped top, £125, from Whistles. 5 Shouldered top, £538, by Boudica, from Matches.

All above images and text taken from The Sunday Times Style magazine (02/082009)


MY HIGH STREET PICKS





1 Printed Zip Detail Puff Sleeve Dress, £55, Lipsy 2 Pinstripe fitted jacket, £49.99, River Island 3 Cosmic shoulder dress, £38, Topshop. 4 Pink bodycon dress, £40, Dorothy Perkins

I have always been a fan of puffed sleeves (they take attention away from my chubby arms!) so I am really loving this trend. I really want that gorgeous blue DP dress and for only £16? Bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate every single one. If you would like a quicker reply to a question, then email me unetasse@hotmail.com :) xx