; une tasse: a beauty and casual fashion blog: Maybelline Lash Stiletto

Maybelline Lash Stiletto


I know this has been reviewed to death but I wanted to give my own two cents (or pennies?) and I'm going to keep it short and sweet. As I've mentioned before I'm not a fan of drugstore mascara, with Max Factor being the exception as I find they clump easily. I hated Great Lash but people were very positive about this one so I thought I would try it out.


I love the packaging and the brush. The formulation is really good, doesn't clump or flake and it really lengthens my lashes. I didn't notice any of the "black patent shine" it claims to have?

My main gripe with this is the smell. It's like they mixed together cheap perfume and a vat of chemicals and fermented it. I honestly have to hold my breath when I apply this because it makes me gag. I doubt this is true of all of them and I couldn't check in Boots as there were no testers! The lesson to be learnt here is don't buy off eBay kids, especially if it's only £4.

2 comments:

  1. I have both this mascara and the Colossal and they both smell a bit funny and I bought them both from Boots. The Colossal smells like roses/nappy wipes and this smells a bit funny too.

    It doesn't work as well as they said it would unless you pair it up with a thickening mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Nappy wipes! That's what I thought of too. Ugh do not like

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate every single one. If you would like a quicker reply to a question, then email me unetasse@hotmail.com :) xx