; une tasse: a beauty and casual fashion blog: Inspiration: Bollywood Beauties

Inspiration: Bollywood Beauties

As a brown girl growing up in London, I couldn't relate to the models and celebrities portrayed in the media. From the catwalk to shampoo adverts, the majority of the women represented were tall, blonde and fair. I looked nothing like them - my features, skin colour and hair were completely different. Then through friends I discovered Hindi film actresses! (The term "Bollywood" is technically incorrect but I like the alliteration!). I'm not a big fan of the modern actresses such as Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra, Biphasha Basu etc, because although they are stunning, I feel that these days they are mostly carbon copies of each other and overly sexualised. I felt more inspired by the actresses of the 60s and 70s who had more character and looked sassier.
Helen



Mumtaz



Parveen Babi



Zeenat Aman



Sharmila Tagore






Image source: Google

I think these ladies are absolutely beautiful. I love the big bouffant hair styles and the thick winged eyeliner. I'm going to get my gel eyeliner out and start practising!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate every single one. If you would like a quicker reply to a question, then email me unetasse@hotmail.com :) xx