; une tasse: a beauty and casual fashion blog: Summer + Skincare

Summer + Skincare

I may not be going on holiday this year but this British summer is proving to be a scorching hot one (and please God let it last!). The last bottle of sunscreen I purchased was about 3 years ago so I promptly dumped it and went in search of replacements.  I'm quite concerned about protecting my skin from harmful rays so I always buy at least SPF20.


Garnier Ambre Solaire Light & Silky protection milk SPF20 - Superdrug has a buy 2 get cheapest 1 free promotion on most suncare products right now so when my boyfriend bought this, he gave me the other one (woo). It's everything I need in a suncream - non greasy/sticky, smells great and protects against both UVA and UVB rays. It's so light that I also use it on my face from time to time. It retails at £13.97 which I think is a bit pricey so I would only repurchase if on promotion.

Simple protecting facial hydrolotion SPF25 - This was a sample that I received in a goody bag in November and it's only now that I'm putting it to use. It's fragance free and light but only protects against UVA rays. I haven't seen this anywhere instore though so I have no idea how much the full product retails for.

Korres sunscreen face cream watermelon SPF20 - My first Korres product which I got for the bargain price of £4.99 in TKmaxx. I'm really not impressed with this. Considering it's a face cream it's so thick and hard to blend in. It left my face ashy and ghost like plus the watermelon scent is awful. I can't bear to throw things away so I'm going to try mixing it with moisturiser.

Now I'm off to browse lastminute.com and teletext holidays and lament over the fact that I will not be beach bound this year *mopes*

1 comment:

  1. Sunscreens are very important to be applied through the summer months.It protects the skin from the harmful uv rays and makes the skin stay safe from pigmentation and burning.

    organic lipstick

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate every single one. If you would like a quicker reply to a question, then email me unetasse@hotmail.com :) xx