; une tasse: a beauty and casual fashion blog: Celebrity style: Carey Mulligan

Celebrity style: Carey Mulligan


Carey Mulligan was recently voted the best dressed woman by Harper's Bazaar. This comes as no surprise considering the dresses she has been wearing to recent events.


These are two of my favourites.

Her off duty style isn't much to rave about as she normally sticks to Breton tops and peg leg black trousers with bow flats.


Shia

But her dresses? I think they're beautiful. I like her penchant for elegant, structured and feminine dresses which aren't too revealing.  Plus she isn't afraid to wear prints!




Her makeup is usually simple and neutral with the emphasis on her eyes - base and a flick of eyeliner. She rarely wears bright lips. Her hair is even more low maintenance. I wasn't a fan of her gamine crop, but now that it's grown out I do like it.



I think what makes Carey so likeable is that she comes across as a normal everyday girl. She doesn't conform to the high maintenance Hollywood standard (size zero, tanned, busty etc) and I love her for it. I can't wait to see her as Daisy Buchanan in the remake of "The Great Gatsby", but she'll always be Sally Sparrow to me! :)

All images from Google Image Search

11 comments:

  1. I was thinking Sally Sparrow as soon as I saw the photos and you mentioned it at the end :) I was in Newport when they were filming that episode of Dr Who and I saw her! the angels are so creepy.
    She looks fab with the cropped hair cut and is always dresses in such a chic way, love her
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She definitely reminds me of Audrey Hepburn. So quaint and cute and dainty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful ;)great blog...
    visit my and be my follower if you want :

    http://fashionsmiley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is not a big risk taker but I love what she wears!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fell in love with Carey Mulligan in An Education. She's adorable. I love your blog and I'm a new follower.

    Stop by mine. I have a great giveaway going on.
    Audrey
    www.livingfoxy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. shez really cute ,, love her hair and style

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how i adore the lovely carey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe she was Sally Sparrow, she looks so different now! I really like her dress style, although the hair didn't do it for me when it was super short either! I love the kind of Sixties vibe she seems to pull off so well too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sally Sparrow!! She was so beautiful then too. I was watching her in the behind-the-scenes of Pride and Prejudice as well and she was discussing how that was her first role and just, aahhh, i wanted to shake her and be YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW AMAZING YOUR FUTURE WILL BE!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her style. She rocks the 50s dress so well. I wish I could pull off shorter hair like she does, she's got such a dainty little face, perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow her red carpet looks are flawless <3!

    XO, Step On My Heelz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate every single one. If you would like a quicker reply to a question, then email me unetasse@hotmail.com :) xx