; une tasse: a beauty and casual fashion blog: NOTD: Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday

NOTD: Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday



Yeh baby! Finally got my hands on this after so freaking long. Costing £16, it's the most I've ever spent on a nail polish and probably the only time I ever will. Move over Chanel, your polishes are pretty but they chip and fade like a mofo. I wish I could afford to pay £14 a pop for the standard Deborah Lippmann polishes because they swatch like a dream. Most have a jelly like finish which I love.


Anyway, if you don't like glitter polishes then you're probably recoiling in disgust right now because this is like a multicoloured disco ball exploded on your nails. I love the chunky glitter particles and don't think I've seen anything else like it.


My cuticles and skin around my fingers are awful, I apologise. These photos show about three coats and it's a bit patchy but I prefer that way. I found that you have to "place" the glitter on the second coat rather than just brushing it on. Haven't got a clue about how long it lasts yet because I only bought this 2 hours ago.

It's still in stock on the HoF website but who knows how long that will last so get it whilst you can if you want it.

7 comments:

  1. I've been after this polish for a while! I love OPI Mad As A Hatter but it's a much finer multi-glitter. Looks awesome on you!

    One of my favourite bloggers shows it's a great layering polish too - can see it working with so many cremes underneath! so almost worth the moola?

    http://theclothes.blogspot.com/2010/05/happy-birthday-nails.html

    Hope you're well chick! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this and WANT this sooo much but I honestly can not spend over £10 on a nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Postcolonial Rabbit - I'll check it out, thanks Nazneen! xxx

    @Shortiee31 - Same here, the most I've spent on polish is probably £6 off the top of my head? But I've wanted this for SO long, so I had to get it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would look AMAZING over a black polish!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That second photo is so professional!

    This looks really nice but I can't see myself spending so much on a polish and I feel it's one that looks nicer in the bottle than it does on your fingers (i.e. the concentration of glitter).

    There is a blogger who makes her own polishes like this, I can't remember her name but they look really nice. I'll let you know when I find her blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Nails color!

    http://dablacksjp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's worth the money, haven't seen any glitter polish like this. I suppose you could make your own like the post above. You only need glitter and clear varnish.... might give it a try xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate every single one. If you would like a quicker reply to a question, then email me unetasse@hotmail.com :) xx